Alien Hominid’s return date has been confirmed! Developer The Behemoth has shared on Twitter that Alien Hominid HD, an HD remaster of Newgrounds’ run-and-gun title that also came to GameCube in 2004, and a sequel titled Alien Hominid Invasion will be released on Switch. November 1, 2023.
The sequel to the cult hit of the 2000s has been in the works for a long time. Alien Hominid Invasion was announced back in 2020, while the HD remaster of the original was revealed earlier this year. The Behemoth has been sharing regular updates and gameplay videos of Invasion over the past year; Now fans won’t have to wait long to play it themselves and will be able to purchase both titles on the same day on the console of their choice.
Alien Hominid HD appears to be a fairly faithful adaptation of the classic, which was released on Newgrounds in 2002. Yes, it really is 21 years old! HD will bring three difficulty options to the game, along with retouched visuals and local cooperative play.
In terms of Invasion, you’ll be able to play however you want. It’s a non-linear experience, meaning you can choose where to go, invade whatever neighborhoods you want, and customize your adorably chaotic little alien.
Here’s a summary of the sequel’s features from the game’s official website:
Alien Hominid Invasion is a cooperative game full of mayhem, mayhem, and lots of explosions. Unlock and equip an arsenal of weapons and power-ups, level up, then descend to invade Earth with up to three other friends. Hijack information from your enemies to sabotage their plans, observe the oddities of human life, blow up bosses, and mutate into a variety of powerful alien forms to take down the not-so-secret agents who are determined to ruin your day. .
– Couch or online co-op: gather a group of (up to) four players for the most chaotic invasion possible!
– Determine your own game path: choose which area to invade next in a non-linear level experience.
– Invade randomly created neighborhoods: defeat the enemy in areas built from hundreds of hand-drawn city blocks!
– Master alien movement: Learn to flip, dive, dig, fly, throw your enemies and more to gain the advantage over enemy agents.
– Level up and mutate your alien: use new mechanics like super speed, healing and flight!
– Customize your alien: choose your alien’s head, power-ups and pigment to your liking.
– Play across skill gaps: each player determines their own difficulty by choosing Friendly, Normal or CRAZY!
Alien Hominid HD and Alien Hominid Invasion will launch on the Switch eShop on November 1, 2023. Pricing for the Switch version has yet to be confirmed, but The Behemoth has stated that you will be able to purchase the games individually or in a bundle. on Steam, so hopefully it will be the same on Switch.
Will you be going to Mothership on November 1st? Let us know below.