Brothers from Rajasthan die of suffocation after being accidentally trapped in a steel box | spcilvly

An 11-year-old boy and his 8-year-old sister allegedly died of suffocation after accidentally getting trapped in a steel box while playing at their home in Rajasthan’s Barmer district on Friday, police said.

The two children were seen unconscious in the steel box.  (Representative image)
The two children were seen unconscious in the steel box. (Representative image)

The incident took place at the Gadara Road police station. The children’s parents were at the farm and no one was home except the two children when they locked them in the box.

Late in the afternoon, when the relatives returned home, they began searching for the children, and late at night, they were seen unconscious in the steel box. The duo was taken to the hospital, but doctors declared them dead.

Police identified the deceased as Ravindra Kumar (11) and Monika (8), residents of Panela village.

Dr Ajmal Hussain, in-charge of the Gadara Road community health centre, said both children died before reaching the hospital.

Saleem Mohhammad, officer of Gadara Road police station, said no formal complaint has been lodged by the family members so far, adding that they have launched an investigation into the matter at their own level and appropriate action will be taken.

“Exciting news! Hindustan Times is now on WhatsApp channels Subscribe today by clicking the link and stay up to date with the latest news!” Click here!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *