A major fire broke out on the first floor of PGI’s Nehru Hospital in Chandigarh in the early hours of Tuesday. The fire has reportedly been extinguished and all patients are safe.
“The fire broke out in the computer room and spread further. The hospital administration responded immediately and evacuated all patients safely,” said Dr Vivek Lal, director of the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research. (PGIMER), Chandigarh.
“Not a single patient has lost their life… The Chandigarh administration immediately swung into action, fire tenders reached the spot and the fire was doused,” he said.
“The situation is under control. We have started the restoration process,” he added.
This is a developing story. Please check for updates.