India vs Australia Live Score, World Cup 2023: Tournament reaches fever pitch as IND starts dreaming of title against AUS | spcilvly

India vs Australia live score, World Cup 2023: The real cricket carnival begins today as hosts and favorites India begin their World Cup dream against five-time champions Australia, and the venue is the iconic MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai. The Chepauk is a venue that has seen many classics, it is set to write a new chapter in the epic rivalry between India and Australia, and weather permitting, we could see a great competition that lives up to the success of Sunday box office. billing.

Cricket World Cup India vs Australia Live Score 2023: Latest Updates.
Cricket World Cup India vs Australia Live Score 2023: Latest Updates (ANI)

On paper, neither team is a favorite. Indeed, India defeated a depleted Australian team in the first two matches of the three-match ODI series 10 days ago, but the moment Glenn Maxwell and Mitchell Starc returned for dead rubber, the Australians looked like a completely different team. Still, it is possible that India maintains the advantage, even if it is by that same difference. With their best players back from injuries, the Men in Blue have once again become a force to be reckoned with, clinching the Asia Cup and reaffirming their dominance just before the World Cup. Jasprit Bumrah is making the new ball swing like a frisbee, KL Rahul has found his second coming in the middle order, Shreyas Iyer has scored a return century and Kuldeep Yadav is riding high on newfound confidence.

However, there is an unexpected concern that came knocking at the last minute. Shubman Gill, India’s in-form batsman this year, landed in Chennai with a slight fever and wearing a mask. And after missing India’s first optional session on Thursday, he was diagnosed with dengue. Although coach Rahul Dravid has not ruled it out completely, the possibility of him taking part seems highly unlikely given that the body needs a considerable amount of time to recover from the early signs of the illness and then emerge from weakness. In Gill’s absence, Ishan Kishan will get another chance as an opener, where he has had a reasonable amount of success, including scoring the fastest ODI double century in history. Furthermore, the enigma of the number 8 is real. The temptation to move forward with Ravichandran Ashwin or Shardul Thakur is legitimate. But Chennai’s black ground pitch can give the nod to the off-spinner. After all, at Chepauk, Ashwin has always proven to be quite difficult.

As for Australia, they also have a mission. After four consecutive defeats, three against South Africa and two against India, they advanced in the final ODI in Rajkot. But there are still several boxes to check. The last time Australia played in Chennai was in March this year, when they recorded a 21-run win over India, thanks in part to Adam Zampa’s impressive performance of 4/45. Zampa may once again pose a challenge for India, although Rohit Sharma and his team have a couple of reasons to breathe easy. Marcus Stoinis’ injury puts his availability in doubt, and Travis Head will be unavailable for at least the first two weeks of the World Cup.

The World Cup, which has so far received unfavorable reviews due to a lack of fans, may finally see a resurgence. It’s Sunday and with the home team playing, we can anticipate that Chepauk will be packed in the early afternoon. Cricket enthusiasts here have a deep love for the sport, not just Indian cricket. That’s why the World Cup could really come to life with a showdown between India and Australia to kick off the excitement.

Here are the key tips surrounding the India vs Australia World Cup clash:

– India have beaten Australia only four times in the history of the 50-over World Cup.

– India will be without Shubman Gill, who has dengue, and Ishan Kishan is expected to step up as opener along with Rohit Sharma.

– Of the current Indian team, only Virat Kohli has scored an ODI century at Chepauk.

– Australia have lost 4 of their last 5 ODIs

– Ravichandran Ashwin is likely to find a place in India’s Playing XI with Kuldeep Yadav as the second spinner.

– Australia are unbeaten in Chepauk in World Cup matches, having won their three previous matches so far.

Follow all the updates here:

  • October 8, 2023 10:00 am IST

    India vs Australia Live Score, World Cup 2023: Can Gill’s replacement Ishan survive Starc and Hazlewood?

    India vs Australia Live Score, World Cup 2023: Ishan Kishan has a decent record as an opener in ODIs. With 448 runs at an average of 74, he is easily the best candidate to open alongside Rohit Sharma, but here is something Australia would have in mind. Ishan, despite the promise he has shown in the middle order of late, seems slightly susceptible to the new moving ball. And with Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazlewood starting the process for Australia, it could be a big test for the young Indian.

    The former Australia captain said that while the strength of India’s bench should be praised, he is not sure if Ishan can have the same impact as Shubman Gill, whose dengue diagnosis will rule him out of today’s competition. Finch says that if he were captain, he would waste no time pitting Starc and Hazlewood against Ishan first and be sure of an early hit. This is what he had to say.

  • October 8, 2023 09:50 am IST

    India vs Australia Live Score, World Cup 2023: The rivalry between IND and AUS!

    The rivalry between India and Australia, dating back to the 1980s, has been a captivating story. India’s cricket history reached its zenith when they clinched the World Cup, and Australia soon followed suit with their own World Cup victories. The 1990s were characterized by one-sided competitions, marked by the emergence of Sachin Tendulkar as a global cricketing sensation, even as India struggled to match the Australians.

    Tendulkar’s love affair with Australia began in 1992 and spanned two centuries – in Sydney and Perth. The rivalry intensified in 1998 during the Sharjah Classics, but despite Sachin’s brilliance, Australia maintained its lead and even won the 2003 World Cup final. India had to wait eight years for revenge when it ended Australia’s winning streak at the World Cup in Ahmedabad and sent them to the quarter-finals of the 2011 edition. The 2010s ushered in closer competitions, with Australia defeating India in the World Cup semi-final. World of 2015, but India’s historic test series victory in 2018 and again in 2020 changed the situation. More recently, Australia won the ICC World Test Championship final, but today India has a chance to level the score.

  • October 8, 2023 09:40 am IST

    India vs Australia Live Score, World Cup 2023: Look to the Sky!

    India vs Australia Live Score, World Cup 2023: The recent pattern suggests that wherever the Indian cricket team travels, rain tends to follow. During the Asia Cup, rain was a frequent visitor, and even in Mohali, where the first ODI between India and Australia took place last month, muggy, hot conditions gave way to cooling rains. Indore had a similar experience when rain caused a reduction in overs, and the warm-up games involving India… well, the less said, the better.

    When the team reached Chennai, a familiar situation developed. Thursday and Friday were clear, but around 6 pm on Saturday, dark clouds gathered over the city, causing thunderstorms. Fortunately, Sunday’s forecast shows only a 10 percent chance of rain, but Chennai’s weather has a reputation for being unpredictable. We have not witnessed rain when 90 percent was expected, and vice versa. However, let’s hope the rain gods stay away for India’s World Cup opener.

  • October 8, 2023 09:30 am IST

    India vs Australia Live Score, World Cup 2023: Hello and welcome!

    India vs Australia Live Score, World Cup 2023: The World Cup 2023 may have officially started on Thursday, but today is when the tournament finally comes to life. The lukewarm reception and empty stands will finally give way to a packed stadium and a level of excitement never before experienced, as Team India finally begins its journey to the World Cup trophy today against the biggest World Cup team. successful of all time, Australia. This Australian team may not be the dominant force of the late 90s or early 2000s, but they are quite formidable in their own right. They have had an advantage over Team India in the previous 50-over World Cup matches, but when it comes to playing at home, there are few teams as ruthless as Team India. Under Rohit Sharma and with a plethora of genuine stars and returning maths winners, the Men in Blue look unstoppable.

    All of that, however, is easier said than done. India has waited 10 years for an ICC trophy and there is no bigger or better opportunity than this. Nine matches (and hopefully two more) stand between India and the World Cup, the first of which will take place today in Chennai in a match that promises to get fans’ adrenaline pumping. Sit back, relax. We’re just getting started!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *