More than 38 lakh foreigners visited India in 7 months last year: MHA report | India News | spcilvly

The number of foreigners visiting India more than doubled last year according to the Home Ministry’s annual report for 2022-23, with the maximum number of travelers coming from Bangladesh, the United States of America and the United Kingdom, respectively. Meanwhile, a total of 1,298 foreigners were deported during the same period.

The MHA annual report from April 1, 2022 to October 31, 2022 shows that the over 38,34,984 foreigners who visited India during this period were from Bangladesh (8,42,869), followed by the US. (8,05,692), United Kingdom (3,75,157), Australia (1,84,343), Canada (1,45,221), Sri Lanka (1,11,455), Nepal (88,460), Germany (86,006), Malaysia (83,808 ) and Singapore (78,888). These 10 countries accounted for 73.06% of the total foreign arrivals in the seven months, while the rest of the countries accounted for 26.94% of the total incoming foreign traffic. While 1,298 foreigners were deported by the Foreigners Regional Registration Officers (FRRO), the majority belonging to Nigeria (645), followed by Uganda (178) and Bangladesh (163).

Most read

1
Threat to kill PM, blow up Modi stadium: Security agencies on alert as email demands Rs 500, release of Lawrence Bishnoi
2
Bangladesh vs Afghanistan, World Cup 2023 Highlights: Bangladesh march to six-wicket victory

Meanwhile, a total of 15,24,469 foreigners visited India between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021. The report also said that due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the MHA had imposed strict travel restrictions and had restricted international movement (both foreigners and foreigners). as well as Indians) since February 2020. However, since May 2020, the central government has been gradually relaxing visa and travel restrictions in a phased manner.

According to the report, to boost the tourism industry, the MHA has issued around 3,13,414 tourist visas (regular tourist visa and e-tourist visa) free of cost to foreign nationals from October 16, 2021 to March 31, 2021. 2022. From April 1, 2022 to September 27, 2022, the MHA granted a total of 902 and 112 Long Term Visa (LTV) cases for minority communities of Pakistan and Afghanistan, respectively. During the same period, the MHA also granted 8 LTV cases for minority communities in Bangladesh,” the report added.

The MHA had also extended visas to all Ukrainian and Russian citizens after February 24, 2022. “In view of the political situation in Ukraine and Russia and as a gesture of goodwill, all types of visa/e-visa have been extended.” extended free of charge for Ukrainian nationals and Russian nationals. The penalty for any excessive stay for Ukrainian and Russian citizens after February 24, 2022 has also been removed,” the report says.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *